Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dtcross

dtcross

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:05 AM

This is one forum that I never would have dreamed of having to join. :thumbsup: But a pest that I just can't seem to get rid of has forced my hand. While surfing looking for an answer to my problem I ran across you in a google search, and I must say that you folks strike me as very knowledgeable and professional. I have read through several of the strings started here and observed as you guided someone till their problem was resolved. I was very impressed and I have to say of all of the sources of help I have come across this site has to rank among the top. I don't know what motivates you folks to do this but let me say in advance....Thank You!! With all of the jerks out there trying to complicate people's lives, it is really refreshing to find folks who are actively trying to undo that damage.

God bless you!!
Darin Cross

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:53 AM

Hello, dtcross.
Welcome to BleepingComputer.

I'm sure you will find your stay here both, enjoyable, and educational.

If you have any problems, or questions, be sure to ask.
There's always someone here, willing to help.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:48 AM

Hi ya dtcross Welcome to Bleeping Computer. :thumbsup:

What nice things to say. Post your problem in the appropriate forum. And someone will help you as soon as they can. Unless of course you have taken care of that pest already. If so then. Fantastic!
Posted Image

#4 Notorious

Notorious

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:57 AM

While surfing looking for an answer to my problem I ran across you in a google search, God bless you!!
Darin Cross

God bless Google.. :flowers: Thank you for joining our site.. :thumbsup: Welcome and feel free to ask whatever you wish.. We will help you fight the spam and malware as much as we can..
Posted Image

Down in the bayou, Bubba called an attorney and asked, "Is it true they're suin' the cigarette companies for causing people to get cancer?
"Sure is Bubba. But why you asking?"
"Cause what I want to know is, I was thinking, can I sue Budweiser for all them ugly women I've slept with?"

#5 dtcross

dtcross
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:25 AM

Thank you all soo much. The problem has been posted along with the log file. Oh and Notorious.....I love your sig but I bet your wife finds it less than humorous. :thumbsup:

#6 Notorious

Notorious

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:33 AM

Oh and Notorious.....I love your sig but I bet your wife finds it less than humorous. :trumpet:

Whadaya mean??? That IS my wife... :flowers: :inlove: * Hope she won't drop by and read that thread tho..* :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Down in the bayou, Bubba called an attorney and asked, "Is it true they're suin' the cigarette companies for causing people to get cancer?
"Sure is Bubba. But why you asking?"
"Cause what I want to know is, I was thinking, can I sue Budweiser for all them ugly women I've slept with?"

#7 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:42 AM

Your welcome. :thumbsup: You are in good hands now. Your worries will soon be over.

And Notorious maybe she cooks that way in order to get you to do all of the cooking. LOl How very clever. :flowers:

Edited by scarlett, 20 January 2005 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image

#8 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 20 January 2005 - 02:20 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer.com dtcross. I'm happy you have observed the guidance through the steps often required to repair the damage done online.
Now that you have posted your HJT log, please be patient as, you may have noticed, it takes a while to get through the requisite stages of a repair. Some, like the about:blank infections, can take days to remedy.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#9 dtcross

dtcross
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:32 PM

No prob phawgg, I'm just glad to have the help. :thumbsup:

#10 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:43 PM

Me too, it isn't everywhere we can get it. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users