Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

valentine's day memories!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nmdamgud

nmdamgud

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:38 AM

well. i do remember saying something about starting a thread asking for your very favorite valentine's day memory.

so, here it is. all you gotta do is tell us about your most romantic valentine's day memory...(it just may give some of you less romantic guys some great ideas, too!)

oh, and b/t/w??? it didn't have to REALLY happen, either...........perhaps your VERY favorite is (was?)....a fantasy???

ahem

my very favorite took place at about 5am. my doorbell rang. i looked at my clock, thought, i'm gonna KILL someone...and then, of course, prayed no one was....well, dead.

however, there stood my flavor of the month (year?)..with 2 red roses. he told me to get dressed in WARM clothes..a sweat suit, preferably. i told him, thank you for the flowers. see you later tonite. he, however, was NOT to be deterred...and informed me that if i didn't change in 60 seconds, he'd carry me out to his truck as i was...and i was NOT wearing enough for a snowy valentine's day. so, grumbling ALL the way (i am NOT a morning person...didja guess?), i went and put on my fleece warm ups. warm socks. sheepskin slippers. a hat.

out in his pickup, he wrapped a pre-warmed quilt around me (awww), and drove off into the dark. it took about 20 minutes to get where he was headed...a hilltop. he pulled up to the edge, parked, turned off the lights, and killed the engine. reaching down under the seat, he got out 2 cups and a thermos. knowing i HATE coffee, he poured steaming hot chocolate into our cups, dropped a few marshmallows in each, and said, good morning...and i think i grumbled something unintelligent. however, as the sun rose...he leaned over, gave me a kiss, and said, happy valentine's day. i just wanted to watch the sun rise with you this morning.

now, how do you stay angry at that? i hadn't seen many sunrises...they were usually the result of staying up too late the nite before..and i was usually either too tired..or too...drunk (hey! i was young once!)..to enjoy them. i must admit, i smiled that WHOLE day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nmdamgud

nmdamgud
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 21 January 2005 - 04:31 AM

oh, c'mon....no romantics here? i'm disappointed!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users