Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Persistent Malware?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KaTtLaDy

KaTtLaDy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:26 PM

I ran spybot S&D and it told me i have a bot called Virtumonde. I tried to fix the problem but it told me that it couldn't do it. I looked at the details for the problem and it lists a file named pmnlm.dll. I dont know what this is but its in the sytem32 folder and i cant get rid of it and dont know if i even should. How do i get rid of this persistent bot?? Also....I have run spybot in safe mode and it still cant get rid of it.

Another issue....It seems that every time i try to get online and listen to the radio firefox has a problem and needs to close. This is not the only browser that has this issue, and its not just on one site. Any ideas what might be causing this problem???

Note: I am currently using Spybot, Adaware, Avast antivirus, AVG antivirus, and ZoneAlarm personal Firewall on my computer. I am running Windows XP Home SP2. Thank you for any help you can give me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:35 PM

Hi KaTtLaDy,

Follow the instructions in the removal guide; How to Remove WinFixer / Virtumonde / Msevents / Trojan.vundo..
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users