Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audiobooks For Mp3 Player...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

Hey there, can anyone recommend a good site to download MP3 books to listen to on my player? Its okay if its a pay site, I just want to find a good one. I have googled and found a few...does anyone download audiobooks?

Thanks for your replies.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 EddieT.H.

EddieT.H.

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:04 PM

Yes i know some, but never tried them..

I am sure they are safe because they are on the PCWorld Articles

Free Best-Seller Audio Books

Reply with how they are please.
Posted Image

#3 khintul

khintul

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:40 PM

I had an Audible.com membership for long enough to get quite a few titles there; they have a huge selection, and their prices are not bargain basement, but they are comparable with what you'd pay in a store, and the ease of immediately being able to download to your computer is a big plus. The downside is that their books are in their own proprietary format, and won't play on just any mp3 player - they have a large list of supported players, but not all. I just bought a new Sansa E260, and it's not compatible with my Audible library. My Creative MuVo TX is compatible, though, so it gets the audible books.

Our library just added the ability to download books the first of the year, and since they did that I've been making good use of them. Ours uses the Overdrive Media Console; you have to download the software to get your books. The lending period for us is 10 days, and the way it works is, you find a book you want, add it to your cart (or add your name to the waiting list if all copies are currently checked out). Once you get your books in the cart, you download them to the console, and from there you can transfer to your mp3 player. After 10 days they will no longer be available from the console, but if you've transferred them to your mp3 player they stay on it until you delete. These books will work with my Sansa.

The Overdrive books won't work with the iPod, the Audible books will, so you have to be aware of what service goes with what player; of course, anything in mp3 format won't give you any trouble with any player (I don't know about the iPod). There's also a service called Netlibrary which many public libraries use, so my first suggestion would be to check with your own library to see if they have anything available. I love audio books.

#4 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:16 PM

You might try the folks at Fictionwise - Excellenct in eBooks.

Some of their eBook stuff is free, although I'm not sure about the audiobooks.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users