Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spylocked--help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 johndi

johndi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

Spylocked has found it's way into my XP computer. I read a log on McAffee chat indicating that bleepingcomputer had an easy and complete fix. I don't know much about this stuff, but I can follow instructions. The instructions I found here require me to download SmitFraudFix.exe. When I click on that link, up comes a spyware/malware removal tool. Do I use that tool? And will the SmitFraudFix.exe end up on my desktop? Please bear with me. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jamielaw

jamielaw

Malware Ass-Kicker!

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:07 AM

Hey johndi

Hijackthis Log

Please download HijackThis.exe (by Merijn). Save the file to your desktop. This is a very important step! This ensures Hijackthis stores backups should anything go wrong.

Double-click HijackThis.exe. Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

Allow Hijackthis to scan your computer. When notepad opens up with your logfile, copy the contents back into your thread.

SmitFraudFix:

Please download SmitfraudFix.exe (by S!Ri)

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.

Please could you also post what version of SpyLocked you have e.g. SpyLocked 4.0, SpyLocked 4.1 etc etc

Edited by jamielaw, 14 June 2007 - 04:56 AM.

My Website!

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users