Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'explorer.exe' Ending Process From Task Manager

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AlwaysMaple

AlwaysMaple

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:41 AM

Hello all,

Well I'm busy fixing my laptop Acer Aspire 5100 which is horrible but I also have a clean PC to access this forum from.

Anyhoo, was looking at the Task Manager and noticed that explorer.exe is eating up loads of CPU without any applications running. (I actually installed Firefox on the laptop so don't use IE). Also on my PC in the task manager I only have iexplorer.exe so ...

Googled it and came to a page Security Task Manager which seemed to suggest that this could be my problem, so I ended the process and this resulted in losing all my desktop icons, task bar, etc. Only thing I was left with was my background pic with no shortcut keys working.
Of course I've had to reboot.

Anyone had similar problems? Any advice?

Am now about to try and reinstall my paid and prayed for advice from AVG about getting that up and running again.

:thumbsup: Sometimes I think that I should just reformat to Factory Default Settings!

Maple

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

I've had the problem too, but it is usally temp. lasting from 5 seconds to 5 minutes. Not really a long time...... Also if your having alot of trouble with it, reinstall your OS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users