Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP. my computer was controlled!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 keni33

keni33

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 20 January 2005 - 02:38 AM

Need some urgent help as I found my computer seemed to be controlled by some others. It’s so awful. What shall I do?
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Futs

Futs

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 03:30 AM

well if you are on a network, your system administrator should have the rights to access you pc and control it in which ever way he seems fit.
if its over the net I would suggest checking the firewall log , if you've got one
Posted Image

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:39 AM

Please describe exactly what is happening. You may have a virus or some adware on your computer. Obviously, you should immediately run a full scan with your resident antivirus, and allow some anti-spyware applications to clean up your computer (Ad-AwareSE and Spybot Search and Destroy are both free; download, install them, and update their definitions and then run both).
If these steps fail to resolve your problem, you can submit a HiJackThis log to the HJT team for analysis and help:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/956/how-to-submit-a-hijackthis-log/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 JUSTYOU

JUSTYOU

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:52 PM

Getting a firewall is your good choice. I can recommend one which will be helpful to you. One feature of this firewall is Banned Sites List. You can enter the IP address of that computer into Banned Sites List. That computer will be blocked.
:thumbsup:
You can download it from http://www.armor2net.com

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:24 PM

jgweed - (Ad-AwareSE and Spybot Search and Destroy are both free; download, install them, and update their definitions and then run both).

Links for these are in my sig. You will also see one for ZoneAlarm (a free firewall) and FreeAVG (a free antivirus) I can recommend both highly. The links for these are in my sig also.

While you are at it. You may as well install the free aČ Personal Link below.

a-squared (aČ) is a complementary product to antivirus software and desktop firewalls on MS Windows computers. Antivirus software specializes in detecting classic viruses. Many available products have weaknesses in detecting other malicious software (Malware) like Trojans, Dialers, Worms and Spyware (Adware). aČ fills the gap that malware writers exploit.

Edited by scarlett, 20 January 2005 - 11:36 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users