Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless N Sound Interference

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 davidwh

davidwh

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:54 AM

I have just attached a Belkin USB wireless dongle to my brand new Dell PC (XPS series with Vista Home Premium). This follows the new N standard for wireless connections, or as near as Belkin can as yet!.
The trouble is when it connects and show an activity indicated by it's little blue light, my sound goes jittery. When it stops the sound goes ok again. Even when not using the internet this happens 2 or 3 times during a song so is very annoying, especially when I paid extra for the sound card!!!

I have tried to re-postion the dongle as far away as it's cable will allow but it gets no better. This happens with sound from the hard drive, audio CDs, DVDs, and badly during online games.

The sound card is a Creative Labs FX extreme. The same happens through the speakers or through the headphones. If I disconnect from the internet router all is OK, except I can' use the internet of course.

This is a bit like when you mobile phone is next to your car stereo and it contacts your provider.

Any ideas on how I might improve this ??

Thanks for any help.
Dave.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 davidwh

davidwh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:19 AM

Update on this issue:

I have now added a 3 metre extension lead to the USB cable. I have re-postioned the transmitter/reciever dongle in various places as far away from the PC and the monitor speakers as I can. But the interference still persists whenever the wireless connection is made.

Makes me wonder if the new wireless 'N' standard is worth waiting for and upgrading too !!!!!

Ho hum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users