Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Removal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dawgfather

dawgfather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:19 AM

Ok my problem is this, as of last night i started getting warnings from norton that it was detecting a virus and it was scanning and taking care of it. Then i noticed in my task manager that i had rundll.exe running and when i attempted to close it, it reopened almost instantly. Since then ive noticed i cannot hear any sounds as well though i dont know if that ties into this problem or not and can get to that later.

I've been recieving help through another forum but it seems they've closed up shop for the night. At the moment i've run AVG antispyware multiple times and it says its finding and fixing about 240 problems but ive gotten the same result 3x now though now i've gone in and phystically deleted them myself from the location the avg scanner was showing them at. I have also run ms malicious software removal tool and that came up with no results as well as running atfcleaner, vundofix and fixwareout. The problem seems almost fixed but i still occasionally get an error from a program called "Run a program as a dll" i believe its called and asks for me to report the problem and it pops up an icon in my systray for a second while that error msg is up. If you need any logfiles from hjt or anything ill be glad to post them just let me know which ya need. I'm currently going to try to restart the computer right now and see if it's any better if theres any help ya can offer it would be greatly appriciated.

Also if possible would i be able to get help on the sound card issue here or would i be better off trying other forums for that?

Thanks again in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:27 AM

Try running Vundofix.

Edit: Sorry, just re-read you post and I see you have already run Vundofix. What I would try is to run Vundofix, AVG Antispyware and Superantispyware in Safe Mode. Then boot back into normal mode and run an online scan with Housecall.

Edited by Budapest, 08 June 2007 - 02:30 AM.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 dawgfather

dawgfather
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:31 AM

Yeah i ran that earlier and now im just trying to get confirmation if its completely gone or not. The other person who had been helping me to this point left me with run vundofix and then post my hjt log and thats where im at now for the most part. It said it cleaned it but like i said im not quite sure how to verify it being totally clean.

Edit: Heh yeah i just read your reply, i tried to run avg in safe mode just a bit ago actually and when i tried it said it could not connect with something or other, ill go try it again to see if i still get the same error and i tried to run housecall this afternoon but i think it had been interupted or finished and did its natural clean up process on it's own. Ill check back in a few minutes unless avg does work this time then it might be a bit.

Edited by dawgfather, 08 June 2007 - 02:42 AM.

#4 dawgfather

dawgfather
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:32 AM

Ok just tried running avg in safe mode and it gave me the error again it said

"Connection to service failed please try to reinstall avg 7.5"

So i tried to reinstall and it still gave me the error afterwards. Though running it during normal windows it works fine. Going to reboot into safe mode again and try to run the superantispyware you recommended and see what comes of that.

#5 dawgfather

dawgfather
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:32 AM

Ok ive run superantispyware in safe mode it found and fixed 48 entries though after a reboot im still getting errors from "Run program as a dll" when it was loading my settings. I'm heading to bed now but i should be back sometime this afternoon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users