Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linksys Wireless

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ICYcold

ICYcold

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:25 AM

I am not sure of what information to put here...all I know is that while the main computer can connect to the internet because it is wired, the wireless router won't allow anything else to..or maybe it isn't the router at fault...all I know is that things like my mom and sisters BF's lap top cannot connect and neither can my PS3 even though they had before. I don't know anything specific about the lap tops but what I do know is that my PS3 has problems connecting because of DNS errors. I have tried almost everything except moving it and wiring it because my room is on the other side of the house.

What else can I say..and can I get any help? Please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:30 AM

Lot's of problems like this recently. I suspect a Windows Update, but until confirmed I'd suggest the steps here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95179/vpn-works-wired-but-not-wirelessly/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 ICYcold

ICYcold
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

Thanks but those steps seem to be for Vista...I don't run on Vista..I'm on XP SP2....and it was working while it wasn't on SP2 and stopped while it was still not on sp2...so I don't think the SP2 had anything to do with it...

Edited by ICYcold, 09 June 2007 - 03:23 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:27 AM

Sorry! I've got a ton of Vista related networking problems and must have Vista on the brain.

I've seen/heard of a lot of LinkSys issues recently. I'd suggest checking their support pages for similar issues.

Still, updating the router's firmware is a good idea anyways. Also, try recycling the network to see if that's an issue.

First, turn off everything - all computers, routers and modems.
Then, turn on the modem - wait 3 minutes
Then, turn on the router - wait 3 minutes
Then, turn on the PC - wait 3 minutes
Then try and connect.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users