Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help, I've Tried A Lot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KurodaGP

KurodaGP

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:55 PM

Well, the past few weeks, my computer has been running slower and slower, and I thought "Well what the heck is wrong?" So I tried scanning with Norton, Mcafee, RegFreeze, Ad-Aware, and Windows Defender, but none of them picked it up. One program I actually got to show what was wrong with my comp was XoftSpy, but I need to register to have it auto remove them. I've been deleting them by hand, but there are a few that won't delete. It says I don't have access or it's being used by a different program. I'll post a screenshot of them. Thanks in advance for your help. Also, I looked in the font folder but I couldn't find the file that was corrupted.

Posted Image

If any of you know how to delete these files, please tell me. I've been trying on my own for about a week, but things just seem to get worse. My comp is running really slowly, and I really want to fix this =\

Edited by KurodaGP, 07 June 2007 - 08:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:22 PM

Hi KurodaGP,welcome to BC...
First try one more scan with SuperAntispyware an excellent Trojan killer. Download,install it then scan in safe mode and delete what it finds. Use the free Home User version. If for some reason you cannot get into safe scan in normal first then try again.

SuperAntiSpyware - link to a direct download of the Free version

http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfi...ANTISPYWAREFREE

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode

If for some reason this doesn't work post a HijackThis log HERE by following these Instructions

Once you've made this post MAKE NO FURTHER changes to PC until the team contacts you.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 KurodaGP

KurodaGP
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:31 PM

Thank you soo much. I really hope this works! I've used a FixVundo file from these forums, and my computer is about 5x as fast now =] Hopefully I can get rid of everything this time.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:36 PM

You're welcome SAS is a very good program, It 's free,remember to update it weekly and before scans. It'll probably save you the HJT post.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users