Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

... Has Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Slayer6571

Slayer6571

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:52 PM

Some games such as BF2142 and Oblivion will close down and pop up a " ... has stopped working" error for (it seems) no reason at all.
I don't see what could have caused this.

Any help on fixes?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:42 AM

Check your Event Viewer for errors. A lot of game errors are caused by corrupted video drivers, try reinstalling them to see if it fixes the problem (didn't fix my problem w/Halo 2 tho').
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Slayer6571

Slayer6571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:54 PM

hmm so there is a reason... the description says

Faulting application BF2142.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4624f9db, faulting module BF2142.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4624f9db, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00196948, process id 0x634, application start time 0x01c7aa35ed9bf58f.

no idea if this is a driver issue though...

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:49 AM

From that error, BF2142 is misbehaving. My first suggestion would be to uninstall BF2142, ensure that all traces of it were removed from your system, and then install the latest version with all patches available from the author's website.

Because it's a game issue, I'd also suggest updating your video drivers to the most current, WHQL certified version available from the manufacturer of your video chipset (ATI, Intel, nVidia, SiS, etc)

Next, because of the "exception code 0xc0000005", I'd suggest checking your memory. This code is generally a problem with accessing the memory by the faulting program - so it's possible that it could be bad/corrupt memory. This won't eliminate all memory issues, but testing the memory on the video card requires more advanced tools than we have access to here (although you may want to run SiSoft Sandra Lite (free) to see if it'll test your video memory).

Finally, since there's a lot of communication going on here, it could also be an issue with your motherboard/chipset drivers - so you can try updating those also.

Keep an eye open for further errors in the Event Viewer (particularly in the Application and the System sub-sections).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users