Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clock Off By 1 Hr.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beav

Beav

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:31 PM

I need to reset the time on my daughter's HP pc. Windows XP, SP2. I think it is because the update to take care of the different time change was not installed until after the time had already changed. Update installed March 16th. Can it be fixed by going to the BIOS? If so, will that be a permanent fix? Maybe it could be off for some other reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Beav

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

I'm confused as to why it's an hour off. If you are not set up for the time change, can't you go into the clock settings and set it to allow for Daylight Savings? XP usually sets the clock automatically.

#3 Beav

Beav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:37 PM

Herk
Feeling really dumb. I tried to reset the clock manually, and never checked the time zone setting. Of course the box was unchecked. After checking the box everything is OK. Thanks for the quick reply and info. Beav

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:34 PM

My pleasure.

Glad you figured it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users