Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Interference?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:09 PM

Yeah I know this Dimension 3000 has a lot of problems. Recently, there has been a lot of sound interference whenever I plug into the front audio port. Details:
The interference does not occur when I plug into the back.
The interference IS affected by volume setting.
The interference makes some constant noises, but it makes a different noise for when I move the mouse, scroll with the mouse, click, and so on. Apparently only mouse activity interferes with it. I do have a wireless mouse, but my earbuds are not wireless so I don't see why this is happening. I don't quite remember if the interference started when I got the mouse.
UPDATE the interference does not stop when I turn off the mouse/unplug it.

Edited by Ryan 3000, 07 June 2007 - 05:11 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

Could be ground loop interference, a bad ground on the front panel connector would cause this. Not sure how to fix this though. I have had allot of experience with this in automotive electronics usually relocating the signal wires remedies this. Try re-routing the cable for your front panel connector and see if that helps.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:25 PM

This Dell case is very cryptic when it comes to wires. I have 3 wires running to the general area of the headphones (the HDD is mounted vertically and blocking all vision. The two suspects both have the same number of pins (or close to it) and they both run out of view behind the HDD. One wire is blue and one is black. For some reason, I think I should blame my HDD for this problem as well. Since I can't relocate the HDD (heavily mounted to the case) and I only see about a 6-inch stretch of the wires, does anyone know of a 3.5mm extender so I can plug into the back?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:49 PM

Extension cables
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 07 June 2007 - 05:52 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:55 PM

Hey maybe I can get this fixed at the same time: has anyone ever heard of two wireless sound transmitters that go to one 3.5mm receiver (wireless) that allows me to switch between the two channels? I have the same earbuds for the MP3s and for the games, you know and its kind of annoying to switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users