Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Grub Disk

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:35 PM

I just installed Fedora Core 6 this morning and i didnt install grub because well i like my bootloader and my master boot record just how they are :thumbsup: So now i ahve a random FC6 partition with no way i know how to boot it. Im going to try bootpart when i get home (atm im at school) but i doubt itll work. I do have Xandros Desktop 4 with LILO installed on its own partitioin...i just dual boot it with bootpart. could i add Fedora Core 6 to the startup list somehow? how do i access the startup list in LILO? in GRUB it was just in the control panel, but it doesent have a list change in Xadnros control panel, just default chooses. Can anyone answer these *many* questions?

Thanks
Nick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:24 AM

bootpart didnt work...is there a way ican boot off the fedora disk and then use dd if=/boot/grub of=bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1 to get the boot file?is there a way i can install grub to a floppy disk (it doesent let you {that i know of} if the installation)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users