Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help Me With Identification

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eternitus

Eternitus

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

Well, i have ran hijackthis and posted a log. I was told by another member that i definatly have malware. But then thats when my thread got moved (i didn't know where to put it because i am new here) So now it is in the hjt logs forum. But I am seeing if you guys can help me out in case they never get to my post.

All i want to know is how do i distinguish between what to fix on hjt and what not to fix? I do not know what is good or bad. I have a log if you need me to post it.

Thanks to anyone who helps or at leasts trys to help~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:54 PM

hi Eternitus
your hjt log will get seen ,as there is a high demand for help it may take few days .
all i can say is please be patient and someone will help you with your log as soon as they can :thumbsup:

please notei would'nt try fixing anything until someone from the hjt team has looked at your log.
good luck
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:43 PM

You should never attempt to fix anything using HijackThis, until someone who is experienced at reading the log outputs, has a chance to review it.
Fixing the wrong items can make your computer unbootable.

Spaces, extra characters, spelling, file location, plus numerous other subtle changes, all make the difference between a "good", or "bad", file entry.

Removing entries in HJT before the problem is properly identified, and correct removal instructions posted, can make the problem undetectable to other detection and removal tools.
HijackThis should only be used to clean up the entries left behind, after you have properly removed the offending program, file, trojan, worm, hijacker, etc.
And this usually requires help.

Once you post your log, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it more difficult to properly clean your system.

If you haven't heard back from them in 5 days, go to this topic, Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?, and carefully follow all directions.

Since you now have a HJT log posted, I'm going to close this topic.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users