Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittant Problem Closing Open Windows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crescentmotor

crescentmotor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:25 PM

I just had to reinstall Windows XP Home and all the updates on a new hard drive. I am running antivirus and spyware software. I am having an intermittant problem (every few minutes) when I try to close or minimize Internet Explorer windows or other open application windows. The mouse and keyboard freeze up. When I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and click twice to close the Task Manager window everything frees up and I am then able to close the other offending window but it is annoying to constantly having to do this. I had this problem about a year ago and if I recall correctly, I found a download on one of the Internet computer forum sites that solved the problem. My chances of finding that again are probably slim to none. Has anyone experienced this particular problem and have a solution.

Thanks much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:33 PM

do you remember which forum

#3 crescentmotor

crescentmotor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

Unfortunately I don't remember. I removed some Active X items from the Add Ons options under Internet Explorer Tools and the problem seems better.

#4 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:58 PM

some sites will install a bad active x
you could check windows folder in cdrive and see if anything there is associated with the active x you deleted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users