Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any Good Comedy Games?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy James

Jeremy James

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:15 AM

A little about me. I loved the games like the Space Quest, Quest for Glory, and the Police Quest games. Not sure what you'd call them, RPG or not. Anyway, I really realy liked those games, and when comedy was incorporated, it was even better. I am really not a fan of these shoot em up games.

ARe there any games that exist like the old ones that are funny?

Jeremy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

There's a Family Guy game that's on the xbox that's pretty amusing (if you like the Family Guy series). There was an old game that I had on the PS2 (or was it the xbox?) that was called Whiplash...that was actually funny! A weasel had a rabbit on a chain and would swing it around and hit enemies, all the while the rabbit would complain! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:05 PM

A game that I found entertaining, not with the plot but the characters, has to be Conker (both versions, but I think the first is funnier). I don't know what systems it's available for off the top of my head but I'm sure 10 minutes of research and youll find it.

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:33 PM

I don't know any full games off the top of my head, though many games have a funny character or some dialog or something of the sort.

For a good laugh, I find that flash games work nicely.

#5 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:10 PM

I remember the Space Quest series! Fun stuff. After saving the universe yet again, our hero, Roger Wilco, would always found himself back in his comfy janitorial duds by the time the next installment began...

As for the type of games you mentioned, I'd say they were true adventure games. That genre has suffered in the last 10 years but was much more common in the earlier years of PC gaming.

As for other comedy games, Penny Arcade! is going to release their own adventure game soon.
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#6 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:28 PM

The Monkey Island games are hilarious! There are four of them: The Secret of Monkey Island (PC), Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (PC), Curse of Monkey Island (PC), and Escape from Monkey Island (PC & PS2). They may be kind of hard to find, but if you can, they are priceless in terms of humor. :thumbsup:

#7 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:28 PM

Monkey Island and most of the old Lucas Arts adventure sets definitely, like Grim Fandango and Sam & Max. They're older games and a little difficult to find, but not impossible. You'll also want to play the older ones with ScummVM, many of them were originally played in DOS. Although there's a new Sam & Max game coming out this August that looks promising.

Others I can think of off the top of my head: Armed and Dangerous, Psychonaughts, No One Lives Forever (First Person Shooter, but has a lot of funny moments).
Posted Image

#8 Jeremy James

Jeremy James
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:41 AM

Sorta makes you want to get creative yourself and design some adventure games.

Why did we ever get away from that sort of gaming?

jeremy

#9 LcNessie

LcNessie

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:42 AM

If you're looking for adventures, you might be able to scrounge up the Discworld series...

Discworld 1, 2 and Noir

They are pretty old, though, and require DosBOX to run, but they are absolutely hillarious.

They are laced with puns and English humor. Based on the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett :thumbsup:
Yours sincerely,

LcNessie

"Oh dear, how sad, nevermind... (SNICKER!)" Battery Sgt. Mjr Taffy "Shut up!" Williams - it ain't half hot, mum

#10 Glunn11

Glunn11

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:02 PM

You need to visit http://www.gamehippo.com, go to the Adventure section and visit Point-n-Click. Most every game in the category is what you're looking for. I would personally recommend the Rob Blanc series (the first one is called Defender and is significantly shorter than the other two), and Out of Order.
Truly great games! :D
RPGs will never be the same since gaming has been taken over by mindless tweenagers. I'm hoping I can learn C++ and bring back the wonderful world of good RPGs *snicker snicker*.

Edited by Glunn11, 07 July 2007 - 09:04 PM.

#11 Hempie

Hempie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet but a really good game back in the day was a PC game called Sam and Max. It was about a dog (sam) detective and his little (but psychotic) bunny friend max. it came out like early 90's so if you can find a copy its worth the play (at least for me it was)

#12 dmoney101

dmoney101

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

Gears of War. nothin funnier than when you run up to one of your friends and chainsaw him in half :D

#13 RADIUM-V Interactive

RADIUM-V Interactive

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:11 AM

There are the new Sam & Max games that are supposed to be a riot.

I personally like Psychonauts for the XBOX. It's an adventure game where to go into people's minds - great story and great dark humor.

#14 Adras

Adras

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

I just installed Psychonauts and have been playing it on my computer. The graphics are really quite decent and my computer isnt exactly the best, but I didnt have a single problem running the game. Another game I would suggest is Postal 2. You basically get to beat the crap out of people, and the guy that you play has some pretty funny comments when you do things such as peeing on people and stuff like that. If you get Postal 2, keep in mind it has some racist comments and such as well, so if you are easily offended, dont play it.

Another warning: It is banned in New Zealand, Australia, and Sweeden. More info here.

Another goofy, but very fun game is Serious Sam (also, Serious Sam: The Second Encounter, and Serious Sam 2). Its a freekin awesome game to play at a LAN party or just with more than 1 or 2 other people. Its not bad along, but its so much better playing co-op.

Edited by Adras, 13 August 2007 - 10:07 PM.

#15 doomgiver13

doomgiver13

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:48 PM

The Bard's Tale on Xbox is hilarious if you're a role-player
If you truly live by the sword, it only stands to reason that someone has to die by it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users