Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Enter Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bmischief

bmischief

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:13 AM

ok..this is a strange problem. on this pc. i'm not the administrator. have done the f8 option. asked to boot into save mode. chose the right system to boot. then it comes up asking for user name and password. my question. and may seem dumb...but do i have to be admin to get into save mode...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 majinsnake

majinsnake

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:24 AM

To enter Windows XP Safe Mode with Command Prompt, you must log on with an administrator account or an account that has administrator permissions.

let google be your friend.

#3 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:51 PM

Booting into safe mode is the same as booting to the normal mode.

If you do not have administrator access, then boot to the account that you have access to in safe mode.

#4 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:59 PM

no one here is able to help you.....terms of services does not let anyone .help with Administrator Password

Edited by mme, 08 June 2007 - 12:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users