Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Encounted Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Robkit

Robkit

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:39 AM

I have a pop up that's getting on my pip,

When I start up computer a message comes up with Pchnotify.exe Has encounted a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for any inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something the information you were working on might be lost. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 daffsbro

daffsbro

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:57 AM

This should help you out to remove the window from poping up. let me know if you have any questions.

Click Start, and then click Run.
Type the following into the Open field: Msconfig
Click OK.
From the Startup tab, remove the checkmarks next to pchbutton and pchnotify if they exist.
Click OK and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
After the computer restarts, a message about using Msconfig appears (Windows Me and XP only).
To continue using Msconfig, click OK and then close the System Configuration window (do not restart the computer). To prevent the pop-up message from appearing again, place a checkmark next to Don't show this message again, and then click OK.
NOTE: After the computer has restarted, the error should no longer appear. Even though the error does not appear, continue using the rest of these steps to make sure that the file does not open again.
From Windows, click Start, and then Search.
Select All files and folders.
In "All or part of the filename" field, enter the following: pchbutton.exe
Wait until the search has completed.
From the right search results window, right-click on the first icon labeled pchbutton and select Rename.
Enter bakpchbutton as the new filename.
Rename any other pchbutton file in the search results window to the filename of bakpchbutton.
Perform steps 8 through 12 again to find and rename the file(s) "pchnotify" to "bakpchnotify".
When finished, close the Search window.
The error should no longer open.

#3 Robkit

Robkit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:01 AM

Hi, Thanks for the info tried to do that, came up again after deleting it once. Deleted it again so far so good, see how it performs Thank you. Robert.

#4 daffsbro

daffsbro

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

no problem please message me if you have any other questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users