Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Pro Partitioning Help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dermaply

Dermaply

• Banned
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:47 PM

Paragon Partition Manager confuses me. What do i have to do, to create a partition for ubuntu??

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum, and added a topic descriptor. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 06 June 2007 - 08:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:54 PM

You really shouldn't need it. Ubuntu should do it on it's own. I know there's a few items to pay attention to. Try going to the Linux portion of the site and look around
Mark
Dual boot XP and Ubuntu

Edited by garmanma, 06 June 2007 - 09:11 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Dermaply

Dermaply
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:05 AM

I have tried to install the mentioned , and can't even complete , a number of can't finds /or errors,, then it stops. Everything that says its easy , never seems to work . Kinda scared to get to the hard parts.. Not sure what to try next , any suggests would be appreciated.. :thumbsup:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

How did you obtain your copy? Most of the problems I've seen (not a lot) are when people download off the net. You can order it free thru Shipit Ubuntu and Shipit Kubuntu. They say 10 weeks, but I got mine in less than a month. I've loaded 4 machines and it was a piece of cake
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 Dermaply

Dermaply
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:34 PM

Off the net and a couple of Torrent sites where they were verified by others that had the same DL , I'm able to run and / or figure out anything i've ever downloaded , except this Dual booting. I believe i take as many precautions as i can to insure a quality standard. So i'm thinking that i myself am doing something wrong , it's just figuring out what. :flowers: I got time to play with Knoppix , and DSL 3.3 , and a live XP mce , even helped my dad with a XP Home for a new hard drive , with a couple of tries all is still great after 2 months. someone told me that i had to rearange my partitions because of Dell , but that seems hard to believe. I'm lost as what to try next. Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

Not Dell-savy, but I do know that there's a hidden partition on your hard drive that you want to keep
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#7 Dermaply

Dermaply
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:25 PM

The Dell tech told me to complete wipe and do what i want, because i paid for (dad) a 2 year total coverage. and i have a CD for all ,,All i really want is a streamed lined XP Pro and the ability to add what i want without interference. :thumbsup:

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

The Dell tech told me to complete wipe and do what i want, because i paid for (dad) a 2 year total coverage. and i have a CD for all ,,All i really want is a streamed lined XP Pro and the ability to add what i want without interference. :thumbsup:

After reinstalling your OS, if you have any OEM junk you want gone. Take a look at http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 Dermaply

Dermaply
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:22 PM

I have been using that for awhile , Thanks though .. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users