Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard Fitting Case

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 John Rice

John Rice

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:27 PM

Okay, so I want this motherboard to fit with this case. If you look at the back of the case and the back of the motherboard it doesn't look like they are too compatible. Can someone tell me if they really are or if there is something I can do about it to make them work. Size is fine it just doesn't seem like all the things match up. Like, the usb's... firewires... sound... from the mother board doesn't seem like it matches to the case.

Help.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

That piece on the back of the case may be a "knock out" section.

Since both are from NewEgg, I'd suggest you call them and see if they can give you any further information.

Maybe someone else here has specific knowledge about that case?

Edited by JohnWho, 06 June 2007 - 04:48 PM.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:39 PM

Since its a standard ATX computer case the back I/O panel has additional knock outs to accomodate most motheboards. Also your new motherboard should come with its own Panel which will fit into the case were the stock one is.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 John Rice

John Rice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:11 PM

AWESOME! Thanks. You guys are awesome. I found you guys on newegg's support forums. So i had to hit you guys up, thanks a-bajillion. Also, can one of you guys take a loook at my gaming PC set up. I have it all under my wish list. I was wondering what you guys think and if I should change or add anything. Thanks!

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:24 AM

I viewed the computer set up in your profile, I only have one question as to why you are going with a crossfire Motherboard ( ATI Dual video card setup ) and a Nvidia graphics card. There wont be a compatibility issue unless you wan't to use a dual card set up in the future. Also it has been tested that there are no noticible gains in using a matched motherboard chipset and GPU. Just wanted to make sure you knew that you cant use a SLI ( Dual Nvidia cards ) in a crossfire motherboard
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#6 John Rice

John Rice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:34 PM

So what graphics card would you suggest?

#7 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:42 PM

If you don't care about crossfire, get a 7950GTX on eBay for $100-150. If you do care about crossfire get an ATI card that is crossfire ready (don't know much about ATI cards myself).
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

I am partial to Nvida cards myself The one you chose is a great card, If your goal is to upgrade to dual cards and keep your current motheboard choice an X1950 or X1900 would be great choices.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#9 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

I've noticed a lot of people (on the same video card) will write a review one way, "this card does not work very well on newest games", and some will write it the other way, "this card owns all the newest games on highest settings". What card gets me 'MODERN GAME READY'?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#10 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:23 PM

Anything with DX 10 support will keep you running for a good long time. As for people having different experiences with the same card it depends on the rest of the system setup and whether or not they are over clocking the system which can cause problems if its not done correctly
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#11 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:28 PM

Can it also be purely their expectations or someone cares about framerates and someone doesnt or different settings? There are a lot of variables with video cards.

I may not totally understand, but do you think the 8600 GS would be a good choice? I know this isnt the only thing to look at, but its a 256mb card does that affect performance vs a 512?

Edited by Ryan 3000, 07 June 2007 - 05:29 PM.

#12 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:42 PM

Depends on the application if it needs alot of memory or not.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#13 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:44 PM

In the newest gaming environment with the highest settings (don't really care about framerates as long as they aren't super-low) what nVidia graphics card can cut it?

#14 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:48 PM

The 8600 and the 8800 GT are among the best that Nvidia offers and will support all the DX10 and previous games.

You can compare cards at Tomshardware VGA charts site

Edited by Sneakycyber, 07 June 2007 - 05:52 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#15 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

Does gaming consume very many MB of VRAM or is it more what the GPU, stream processors, and bus can handle?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users