Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tci/ip Network Transport Not Installed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 christinaemcc

christinaemcc

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:59 AM

I have tried everything on my HP dv1000.

It is not McAfee Virus... I've already completely uninstalled it.

I had this problem a few months ago, I called HP, and my internet provider to fix it... they told me to delete McAfee, which I did. Then I took the suggestions on this board and downloaded an antivirus (only one, AVG), a few anti spywares.

Then I got the winsockfix program, and loaded it.

Computer was working great! Fast, efficient, awesome!

Then all of a sudden, one day, out of the blue, the internet just stops working... and when I restarted it, it came up with that old "TCI/IP network transport not installed."

I tried the release, renew thing with the ip address, but that didn't work either.

I tried the winsockfix program, and that isn't working either.

Anyone have any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:25 PM

You may try uninstalling and reinstalling your Network Drivers. The drivers for your computer are here.

#3 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

Sounds like your TCP/IP protocol stack is corrupted or completely removed and you may need to reinstall the protocol.

You can reinstall the TCP/IP protocol through the Network Connections applet.

| Start >> Control Panel >> Network Connections |

You will want to highlight the connection you wish to repair - LAN or Wireless Adapter. Right-click the connection and select Properties to bring up the Properties applet for that connection. The applet will open up with the General tab, which should list your network adapter. You will want to look into the middle section of the tab entitled "This connection uses the following items:" You are looking for Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and want to ensure that the check box is checked. Highlight the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item and select Install.

Once you select Install, it will bring up the Select Network Component Type and should list the following items:
-Client
-Service
-Protocol

You want to highlight and select Protocol and choose Add. At the Select Network Protocol applet, select Have Disk. In the drop down list entitled "Copy manufacturer's files from:" type c:\windows\inf. Make sure you choose Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). [ NOTE: DO NOT choose Microsoft TCP/IP version 6 - this is not designed work with the Internet Protocol for network infrastructure in the US. ] Click OK.

Restart your computer and test your internet connectivity. Post back if you still need assistance.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

#4 imscrewedagain

imscrewedagain

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:47 PM

I have a similar problem that occurred when I uninstalled Panda Anti-Virus to install Kaspersky. When I boot up I get an error message in a window entitled "Mobile Device Properties". It says TCP/IP Transport Protocol not installed. What I've done so far:

Uninstalled the network adapter drivers
Shut down
Removed the network adapter cards
Rebooted
Shut down
Reinstalled the network adapter cards
Rebooted
Windows auto-installed the drivers
Had no connectivity on either my ethernet or wireless connection
Went thru through the procedures posted above but the error message still flashes on reboot and I have no internet connectivity. Any suggestions?

#5 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:40 PM

That's strange, you are still receiving the "TCP/IP Transport Protocol" not installed after performing the reinstallation steps?

OK, maybe your problem is much deeper. I realize you don't currently have a network cconnection on your main computer, but if you can borrow someone else's terminal for a bit and you have a USB flash drive, there might be a solution for you at this link:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29785

The guys at the forum above are way more advanced than i am...

Edited by Cyb3r_Ninj@, 19 December 2007 - 02:48 PM.

Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:05 PM

As stated, the way to check for TCPIP is to simply right-click on the Connection icon, click on Properties...and look inside that window. You can scroll down the list of protocols there.

There should be a number of entries. One should be Client for Microsoft Networks and one of the others should reflect the letters TCPIP in the title somewhere.

In the event that you don't see TCPIP, you can simply install (or reinstall it) by clicking Install, select Protocol, click on Add.

Louis

#7 imscrewedagain

imscrewedagain

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:03 PM

I went to the site you recommended. There was a post there that recommended copying the winsock and winsock2 files from a computer with a working internet connection and copying them to the problem computer.

It worked like a champ!

Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users