Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Send, But Not Receive Email In Oe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KermitD

KermitD

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:53 AM

When I open Mail Washer I get a message, "The POP3 server does not appear to conform to the POP3 protocol. The connection was intentionally closed by the server before the session was completed."

When I open OE and click Send/Receive it connects, authorizes, checks, and says "No New Messages".

The ISP is configured for Webmail so we can check email away from home. When I go there I get an error message.
I tried Telnet and IE says it can't open the page.

I disconnected my firewall, tried all of the above and got the same results.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Mail Washer and OE. Same results.
My ISP says the problem must be in my setup because POP3 is working for everybody else.
What setup? My username and password don't trip any alarms. What else is there to my setup?

I hate to think how much email has piled up on the server.
KermitD
Choices have consequences.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:17 AM

When you attempt to view your E-mail on the Internet, what error message do you get?
Have you verified that everything in your OE account for the provider is correct?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 KermitD

KermitD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:13 PM

Actually ,jgweed, I did check as much as I knew to check. I had 3 ways of checking email and none of them got to the server at the ISP. I even sent screenshots of my accounts setup to my ISP so they could look them over. What they ended up doing was deleting my account (which deleted the 300 or so emails sitting on the server) and re-entered it as a new account; same user, same password. That fixed my problem. It's great having an ISP you can work with.

It's great having Bleepingcomputer, too.
Thanks. Love this site
KermitD
Choices have consequences.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

If your E-mail account was with your ISP, and you press them about it, they should be able, with a little effort on their part, to retrieve those files and move them to your new account.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users