Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why My Comp Keeps Freezing Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gautham

Gautham

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:54 AM

Hey! y'all guys and gals out there

i just wanted to get some suggestions on a problem that i started having recently i have a Pentium 3 128mb RAM comp that was working fine until recently in these troubled times when i run my game football manager 2005 the comp just hangs up after sometime the duration is sometimes a half hour or a hour but nowadays it hangs up within 15 min these are the things that i have tried i tried- changing the RAM from my office's system but nothing happened the problem still persisted i have antivirus on my comp too and yesterday when my bro was on the comp trying to finish some cc+ project of his it hung up all of a sudden i have tried the power supply problem but nothing happened i had even disabled my faulty CD ROM drive but nothing happened

so please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:31 AM

I'm also in the same situation as you (In a different OS which is XP) (But may not be exactly)
My PC hangs as well sometimes 15mins
As far as i can remember,it started just after i upgraded & reformatted my pc usually hangs for an hour or 3 hours to be maximum
I had just recently solved one of my most bothersome problem which was my PC can't shutdown
I would restart my PC every half an hour so i wouldn't be pressured to push the restart button to get things running again
Well for me,there are many possibilities why this can happen
We would need to find out first whats causing your PC to hang so the problem can be known

-Insert a CD 2 times in to your CD-ROM
If it hangs,like mines (which i figured out recently & will go to a repair shop)& tell us the results
If you don't insert any CD or took it out,it would probably more or less hang about an hour or so....
The only possible direct remedy is go to a repair shop and fix it

-Malware
Did you just got recently infected?
What is your Anti-Virus protection?
Are you experiencing slowwness in your computer?
Did you download anything/install any program recently?
If so,might as well go to the HJT if the above mentioned tip does not happen

Edited by Commander Gman, 06 June 2007 - 08:06 PM.

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:34 AM

Could you go into the Event Viewer, located in the Administrative Tools. Please post the for most recent error messages.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users