Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Install Office 2003 Student And Teacher

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:26 PM

I got Office Student And Teacher ediotn 2003 but it won't install

"Fatal Error During Installation"

I'm running WIndows XP Home, I have Office XP Professional with FrontPage and Publisher, which i uninstalled.

I tried it with Office XP Pro installed but the same thing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:34 PM

Could it be that the uninstall of all the Office components was incomplete, and the error message results when you attempt to install S&T office components on top of them the remaining fragments?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:30 AM

Office XP Professional Special Edition with FrontPage & Publisher (Version 2002)

It unnunstalled succesfully. I went into the folder and removed the "Microsoft Office" folder that is left behind which a lot of programs this happens. there was nothing in the folder. and i did a search for any office on the hardrive. NOthing.

Just won't let me install.

It won't even load up to where you put the Product Key in. I tried it on my neighbours computer which has Windows 2000 on it it lods on all the way (i didn't activate it) but works. Don't know why it don't on my XP Home.

I though instead of doing a new installation i even tried clicking on upgrade from what already installed with Office XP Pro but it didn't work either.

When I got Office 2003 S&T i also got OneNote 2003
i tried it but the same thing happened
"FATAL ERROR DURING INSTALATION"

I can uninstall and install over and over Office XP Pro special edition with FrontPage & Publusher.

i think i'll take them back to the store for a refund - would they accept them if they were opened? they havn't been installed. as won't let me.

Edited by Izzy, 20 January 2005 - 06:49 PM.

#4 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:25 AM

i went back to the store where i got the office 2003 S&T from and ask them about it and he couldn't understand why it didn't install, but installed on a windows 2000 pro. anyway he came home with me and he tried it out but he couldn't see what was goin' on . any way he went back to shop and got a standard one and tried that on my pc, it didn't work either. he was smart and brough a professional version so he tried it and it installed, now does anyone know how that could happen?,

instead of me payin' the $289 i had to pay another $170 but least i'm updated (well for now)

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:58 PM

And you could have had OOo for free!!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2005 - 12:33 AM

I know, but i like office, i know where most of its features are as i've been ising it since
it's release in 1995. It has changed a fair bit but not as much as it should have, but the new updated appearance is ok. a bit blue like an ocean though (i know i can use windows classic look to make it normal).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users