Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Home/ed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oldbod

oldbod

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:06 PM

Hi Everyone,
Running a Dell Dimension 3000(.after using system restore)I decided to completely remove XP and re install same to try and speedup to original. Everything went well and system seems to be working quite good, but screen is stuck on 640x480 pixels giving me a( rather large) selection of Icons and printing!!
Bringing up display properties,I find that the resolution counter will not move and is stuck on the 640x480 pixels. Any help and solutions greatly appreciated. 800x600 pixels would be the size required.
Many thanks
Best wishes
Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:46 PM

You probably need to get the driver for your video adaptor (I had the same problem with several Dell's in the past)

Visit this page to download the driver for your video adaptor. Reboot, and you should be able to change the reolution.

Any other problems like this may also be driver-related, in case they pop up you now know what to do.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 05 June 2007 - 11:48 PM.

#3 oldbod

oldbod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:03 PM

Amazing Andrew.
Many thanks!! Driver downloaded,installed and problem solved. Your help very much appreciated!!!
Thanks again.
Jim

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:25 AM

No problemo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users