Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrades And Piracy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 JLDarkie

JLDarkie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:33 PM

This is a question that has just recently come to my awareness.

I need to upgrade one of my computers (either with a better processor or a better motherboard).

The problem is,... I have a few... things on my computer that I probably should not have. (and am not going to get rid of anytime soon, mind you!)

I'm thinking that my later resort is to send my computer to Intel and let them install a new motherboard or processor.
Which has a nervious itch trailing down my back.

If an official at Intel sees what I have on my harddrive, and notices something I should not have, could they report it?
Are they even allowed to?

Or would I be 100% entitled to my own privacy?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

Well,

some would-be terrorists tried to get a video tape copied to some DVDs recently

and I'm sure you see how that worked out.

I'd say that if one has something on their PC that shouldn't be seen by others, they should make sure it isn't.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,731 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:26 AM

You say: Upgrades And Piracy, Can sending in a computer to get upgraded get you in trouble?

Our Rules say:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

Since you admit to PIRACY, this thread is closed. We will not allow you to involve Bleeping Computer in illicit activity.

Animal, Forum Moderator

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users