Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linksys, Connected To Router, But Not Internet.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 steph19ths

steph19ths

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:04 PM

for the past 4 days my computer cant connect to the internet.
i have a wireless connection to my brother's computer upstairs. its been working fine for about 2 years but now it cant connect to the internet. 2 days ago it used to connect but then un-connect. now it just doesnt connect at all.

he has a Wireless-B Broadband Router and i have a Wireless-G Portable USB Adapter.
we both have windows xp

when i open up the linksys icon it says 'you are connected to the access point, but the internet cannot be found'

ive tried unplugging and plugging the modem, router, and adapter but nothing works. ive tried changing the channel on the router but nothing either.
if you need anymore info just try to ask in simple terms and explain how to get what you asked for..

please help me
thanks in advance

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 05 June 2007 - 04:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:23 PM

Try finding a Firmware upgrade for your router. What type of router do you have?

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users