Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Procedure Call, You Have 60 Seconds To Save All Work!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 EnricotheIV

EnricotheIV

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

:thumbsup:

Hey team,

I was having problems with internet connection, IP wont refresh, even after manual reboot. I generally know how to deal with modem problems, this smells like it goes a bit deeper.

Upon windows startup after login: Generic Host Service problem: with

"C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WERd26c.dir00\SVCHOST.EXE.mdmp"

AND

"C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WERd26c.dir00\APPCOMPAT.txt"

as the technical desc. of the errors

Checked Task Manager and saw there were 6 SVChost.exe processes open, so i killed 2 of them with End Process Tree, and recieved: "Remote Procedure Call, you have 60 seconds to save all work" message.

I will post HJT log and run AVG and post ASAP. internet is most definitely down on home computer, so im running this correspondence off of another comp, luckily they are 10 feet away-! :flowers:

Thanks!

Eric
The only constant is change.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

You got that message because you killed a legitimate Windows process.... "svchost.exe" more information here.

The files you listed....are dump files containing the information on the problem.

You say the Internet is down? What sort of error are you getting?

Edited by jwinathome, 05 June 2007 - 01:37 PM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:04 PM

I have split off the duplicate HJT Log you posted here. You already have one posted in the proper forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94916/not-a-virusexploit-and-downloaderopenconnection-trojans/ Please follow the directions that are given in response to that HJT Log. Do not make any changes to your system unless directed by the tech assisting you with that log. Since you do have an open log, I will close this thread. If after resolving your issues with the HJT log you still have issues on your system and you wish this post reopened. PM any staff member with a link to this thread and we will reopen it. Thank You for your understanding and please be patient while waiting for someone to replies to your HJT Log.

Animal, Forum Moderator

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users