Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Parts - New Bsods

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#91 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:58 AM

While I understand that it's urgent for you to fix this issue, I believe that the repeated attempts to fix everything the moment that it pops up have resulted in additional problems that are masking the true issue here.

So here's what I'd suggest:
1) Perform a repair installation of Vista (this may be difficult as the RC is set to expire in the near future) and get the Windows Updates if you are able.
2) Uninstall all of your drivers (one by one) and then reinstall them with the latest, Vista compatible drivers that are available. At this point, if there isn't a Vista driver for a component on your system - disable it. This will prevent compatibility issues from rearing their ugly head during the troubleshooting process. (this, I suspect, will fix the problem)
3) Test the system for hardware issues. I'd suggest SiSoft Sandra Lite for a general checkup (it's free), MemTest86 for your memory, and a diagnostic utility from the manufacturer of your hard drive.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#92 Rabid Ferrets of DOOM!!!

Rabid Ferrets of DOOM!!!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:03 AM

Yeah I've been trying to avoid it but I agree a repair install or perhaps even a full reinstall of Vista seems like it will be the best fix. From the way the drivers are acting I realized this morning that the reason it's trying to install the network controller drivers on my bus enumerators when I install the chipset drivers is because Vista still thinks I'm on my old mobo. It's pretty weird actually it seems like the system is like degrading or something - The more I try to use it the more often I get BSODs. Last week I went almost 3 days without getting one now the system can hardly even run (gaming or not) at times. Anyway when I get home from work it's the first thing I'm going to do. Thanks guys.

#93 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:24 AM

well that explains all the bsod's, even with XP the only way I got away with changing a mobo was immediately run xp as a repair disk and even that had issues if there were too many changes
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#94 Rabid Ferrets of DOOM!!!

Rabid Ferrets of DOOM!!!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:24 PM

Well, reinstalling the OS fixed the BSOD issues. For some reason, however, my computer refuses to post when I have one of the ram sticks in or sometimes it endlessly reboots from the windows loading screen. It's got a lifetime warranty, though, so it's all good. (Still a bit confuzzled, though since memtest didn't find any probs. Ah well...) Anyway, thanks for your help guys!

#95 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

fiddle a little in bios with those mem settings, durn bleeding edge hardware
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#96 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:44 PM

Even though memtest didn't find any issues, that doesn't mean that the ram is perfectly fine. The ram may very be the root of all this evil you're experiencing! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#97 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:32 AM

MemTest is a software test of hardware parts - it's not just a test of the RAM, but it's also influenced by the channels in the system where the test results flow - up to and including the display on your monitor.

Try testing one stick at a time - and switch them between the slots. You may find that you've got a bad slot rather than bad RAM.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users