Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cccommon; Windows Installer; General Slowdown And Crashes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cosmo313

Cosmo313

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:12 AM

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so I'm not exactly sure what information you need from me to help... but please tell me what you need and how I can get it...

Here is the story:
Yesterday, booted up my computer and opened MS Word. As it was loading, windows installer pops up annd says it wants to install "ccCommon". I leave it and everything works fine. Happens with all other MS Office programs too. Later that day, I notice it keeps happening, but with more programs than before (including my Norton Anti-Virus software).

So I reboot and my computer becomes painfully slow on startup (when you've just loaded windows XP and all the startup applications are loading), windows installer pops up for almost every piece of start up software. There is also an error message saying "MSI must be installed through setup".

Now, my computer frequently crashes/powers off when connected to the internet (not when disconnected).

What can I do? :thumbsup:

Please help!

Cosmo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:23 AM

go to control panel and instaed of uninstalling it just repair it
it should one of the options when you click change/remove
and if that dont work then uninstall it all together and reinstall the program

#3 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:26 AM

ccCommon is malicious software. You can read more information about ccCommon here. Please consider doing the following....

Please read THIS LINK about preparing to post a Hijackthis log, which you can then post in THIS FORUM. A hijackthis log expert will determine if you are infected and help you get rid of any infections.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Edited by jwinathome, 05 June 2007 - 08:27 AM.

#4 Cosmo313

Cosmo313
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:15 AM

Thanks Jwinathome, I will get that log and post it in the forum. You've been a big help!

#5 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:18 AM

You're welcome...hope everything goes smoothly for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users