Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Sound When Starting Up My Computer?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 midamah

midamah

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:46 PM

Well okay here it goes..

I found out my computer had a virus because it kept launching my Aol up by itself.

The name of the virus I found was Trojan horse Dropper.Generic.DZD

Someone helped me from the ccleaner forum. They told me to run highjackthis and so on and so on.

I followed every step they told me, but my computer kept freezing and making this wierd noise when I turn it on. When I turn my computer on it makes weird noise and I guess the noise affects the speakers so they make a weird noise to. When my computer loads it loads VERY slow like the animated loading bar thingy's sometime freeze. And when it finally loads to my family log in screen the mouse freezes. I can't click on anything, I have to restart my computer like 5 or 6 times for my mouse to move when I get to the log on screen.

And I must mentioned today is the first day I am able to use my computer in regular mode. Before I had to keep using safe mode, and then sometimes I would press f9 to use safe mode and it wouldn't even come up!

To make a long story short, My computer most likely still has a virus and it effects my files, the scrollbar rolls all the way down when I try to scroll it. And it twitches. I keep getting these invalid pop ups when I start my computer.

I'm so afraid to turn of my computer, because it took me a long time just to be able to use regular mode.

I hope this information helps, I know you guys say to provide every detail.

I downloaded

Avg antivirus
vundofix
combofix (which I think made my computer worse)
superantispyware
microsoft malicious removal to

I'm out of options. Please help me. thank you so much for making this site!!
Krista

Edited by midamah, 04 June 2007 - 11:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 midamah

midamah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:52 PM

I forgot to mention there were 5700 files on my computer in one folder that I didn't download. They were all zip files. I deleted them all though.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:28 AM

I'm not sure what your problem is but there are a number of things you can try.

Try an online malware scan with Housecall.

Test your RAM with Memtest86.

Test your hard drive with HDDScan.

Although it might be easier to just reinstall the operating system.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 syunichi

syunichi

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:50 AM

Can you be more specific on the invalid pop ups during startup. I maybe can aid a lil bit
cannot find dll >register a new valid dll
cannot find exe>delete shell line in registery or F2 lines in HJT

Hope it will help you a bit :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"
Customer: "Are you crazy woman, it's twenty below outside..."

#5 egomoo

egomoo

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:39 AM

Please download SREng
download SRENG

Extract it to Desktop and double click SREng.exe to run it
Select: Smart Scan
Select: Verify Digital Signatures of process modules
Click on the [Scan] button

When finished, click on the Save Reports button and save the log to Desktop

Then post the SREng log in your reply.

Edited by egomoo, 05 June 2007 - 03:41 AM.

the fish in my heart

#6 klink1956

klink1956

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:25 AM

for what it's worth use f8 to access safe mode
Budapest is probably right
As long as you are up and running save any important stuff to disk, write down any programs (from add/remove) that you have installed and re-install the O/S.(as long as you feel you can do it,and you have no hardware related issues)

It can be such a battle and ultimate waste of time,and energy to try and fix a problem like this. When inside of a few hours you can be better than you were.
bob
Where ever you go.................. There you are

#7 midamah

midamah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:46 AM

Hello again! I had another topic on here asking about my weird computer sound when I turned it on. But for some reason this forum won't let me make a comment in that thread anymore.

anywho here is the new problem

I did what you guys told me about redoing my whole system. everything was erased(supposedly) and I did a full system recovery. BUT my computer is still making that weird sound, kind of like it's old you know? and you know sometimes when the blue screen comes up after shutting your computer down wrong that checks for errors, It says that mine has been disabled.

When I go to my start menu to click on anything the highlight part that's there when u click on program goes turbo. Like a twitch.

I let microsoft install all the updates that were for my windows xp. But I decided to download some security programs and one was called CODERED. I had no clue what it was and I still don't but all I know is that it suppose to get rid of some bug on your computer. But it didn't work for my. instead I got this message:

Cleaning up Code Red Worm
If the system was internet-exposed, you should re-install system
To disable IIS, invoke with -disable option

This application does NOT apply the patch
See http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/...in/MS01-033.asp

Cannot open WWW Publishing Service

Removing files created by worm
No files left by worm found
Cannot open virtual roots key

System File protection enabled
Error opening IISAO - hr = 80040154

Now I may not have no use for this application, but I was wondering does it touch on what's going on with my computer? I thought once you FULLY recover your computer the virus should be gone? My computer is still twitching. Sometimes the keyboard works and sometimes it doesn't.

Before this new problem araised, I was infected by Trojan horse Dropper.Generic.DZD and something else.

I download everything everyone told me to from my other thread. After I downloaded the programs and ran most of them. I started getting alot of error messages. But that's before I did the full system restore.

I still get one error message. It comes up then it goes away so fast, I haven't had the chance to write it down.

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:34 AM

midamah,
I merged the new topic you started, with this one.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:43 AM

Did you try the hardware tests I recommended in post #3, Memtest86 and HDDScan?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#10 midamah

midamah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:42 AM

Did you try the hardware tests I recommended in post #3, Memtest86 and HDDScan?

hello yes I just tried them right now. House call got a couple of things that were wrong and hopefully fixed them. and the memtest What do I do with it? i'm not sure how to use it.

#11 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:54 AM

For Memtest86, go to this page and click on the right where it says Free Download. Then click on Download - Memtest86 v3.3 ISO image (zip) and save the zip file to your computer. Extract the memtest.iso file from the zip file and burn a CD using this .iso file. Once you have done that you then boot your computer using this CD and run the test.

—George Bernard Shaw

#12 midamah

midamah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

For Memtest86, go to this page and click on the right where it says Free Download. Then click on Download - Memtest86 v3.3 ISO image (zip) and save the zip file to your computer. Extract the memtest.iso file from the zip file and burn a CD using this .iso file. Once you have done that you then boot your computer using this CD and run the test.

I did all that you said, I burned memtest to a cd and booted my computer. My computer doesn't do anything different. It just boots like regular. And maybe I should mention sometimes I am able to get my cd drive to work.

Are there any other options? I scanned my computer with avg antivirus and in the

Result/infection part it had this under it

Kernel32.dll
Wsock32.dll
User32.dll
Shell32.ll
Ntoskrnl.exe

And next to all of those files it has "Changed" beside them

does this mean anything? Nothing is seeming to work. I did housecall, I thought it got the prokill infection off because it listed it(I didn't even know I had it). But my computer is still the same. I redid my system with system recovery. I don't understand why nothing is working. I left a highjackthis log in the highjackthis section hoping someone can point out something in it. I don't know if it will help you understand what's wrong. But it's worth a try. :thumbsup:

#13 midamah

midamah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:26 PM

hey where did you go?

#14 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:47 AM

Did you burn the iso image to the CD correctly? I use DeepBurner to burn iso images. It's very straightforward to use. When you run the program it gives you 3 options to select from, the third one being Burn ISO image.

Also, is your computer set to boot from a CD?

—George Bernard Shaw

#15 midamah

midamah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

no. its not set on boot cd. i cant even use my keyboard now. its getting worse. i scanned for virus using avg. i think whatver the prblem is its hidden somewhere so i cant remove it. im using the on screen keyboard so sorry for misspelled words.

i did notice something however when im on websites i see blue texts that r highlighted. i put my mouse over it and its some sort of ad. but i scanned my cmputer for ads but nothing is detected. please help its getting worse. can i post a hghjackthis log 4 u?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users