Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Repair Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cbrzoska

cbrzoska

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:21 PM

I am running XP home eidition when I go into add and remove programs it shows XP professional and will not access my disk for home edition so I can't use the disk to repair my outlook express. when I check my system properties it say XP home edition. (Dell computer)

I was use Killbox to remove the file Windows\system\winsflt.dll once I did this outlook will not access the internet I get the following error message

The host 'pop@charter.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3@charter.net', Server: 'pop@charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 04 June 2007 - 10:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:37 PM

See if anything from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514 will help you solve this issue.

The error number you mention is usually caused by one of your server settings being incorrect, although you will see in the above article other things can also cause it.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 04 June 2007 - 10:40 PM.

#3 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:21 PM

You could also have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users