Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista And Quicktime

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mike4bears

mike4bears

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

i have a Kodak camera. with easyshare software. i took some videos with it. but when i loaded the video it told me to download quicktime but when i check the quicktime program out. on a forum they were saying it does not work on vista. then i thought to download it and see. then i read on this forum it real hard to uninstall so what do i do mike :thumbsup:

Edited by mike4bears, 04 June 2007 - 09:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:33 AM

Hello! I use this with no probs http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickT...Alternative.htm
MCP
MSDST

#3 mike4bears

mike4bears
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:04 PM

I'm am new to computers so one more question. if i need to will this program uninstall easy. mike :thumbsup:

#4 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:47 PM

Yes shouldn't be a problem. Just on the safe side make a system restore point b4 you download.

Edited by Monty007, 08 June 2007 - 08:48 PM.

MCP
MSDST

#5 mike4bears

mike4bears
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:00 PM

thank you for your help monty007 like i said I'm real new to computers. so i kinda mess up. i called Kodak support. they said. to go ahead and download quicktime. i did. big mistake. the video was choppy bad sound . kept shutting down the easyshare software then then my computer. so everything i read is right on. had to uninstall it. just like they say. it was not easy. so now I'm going download what you said. but can you give me Little more info about it. i guess i need a Little encouragement. mike :thumbsup:
P.S. do you think i should post a warning somewhere here. about quicktime vista and kodak easyshare software. not working together

#6 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:05 AM

Ok Here's a summary about QuickTime Alternative:
QuickTime Alternative allows you to play movies that can only be played by using QuickTime in the internet websites
QuickTime Alternative is also a plug-in for several browsers like" Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape and Mozilla" so if you have one of these browsers or more and with QuickTime Alternative installed on the computer,you will be able to play the movie with the browser that you have :thumbsup:

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#7 mike4bears

mike4bears
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:26 PM

thanks for your time. one more question. will quicktime alternative let me play videos from my Kodak camera. with kodak easyshare software. right now thats all i want to do. :thumbsup:

#8 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:15 AM

Im not quite sure though....Rather, Download Quicktime (Free Version)& try it
Transfer all of your movies to the computer specifically,desktop to make it much easier
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users