Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Firefox

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:26 PM

Well, this is twice in the last two weeks that I have lost my bookmarks and all of the sites I had in the tabbed browsing. The last time that this happened I blamed it on a download from M$ as it occurred immediately after, but this time there was no precursor. I was still logged on when I came here and it appears that my pass words are still remembered, I haven't tried other sites yet but it looks like that's what I lost. The only difference this time is that when I open new pages they're full size where as last time they were not. The last time I wound up deleting Firefox and Thunderbird and removing all traces of Mozilla in order to get a fresh installation.

I have run scans with AVG anti virus and spyware, Adaware, Spybot S&D, Asquared and have not found anything unusual. I'm out of ideas and could use some input.

I have really like Firefox, but I'm just this side of a fourth down and three wood situation.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:44 PM

Hi dc3,
Have a look at this MozillaZine KB article; Lost Bookmarks.

Firefox automatically makes up to five daily bookmark backups, with newer backups replacing the older copies, so you must act quickly, before they are all overwritten. There could be many reasons why your bookmarks may be missing, so it is important that you cover all of the steps in the above link.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:34 AM

Thanks TMack, this a little weird as I have been using Firefox for a couple of years and haven't had any trouble like this prior to the first disappearance last week.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users