Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick, I Need Something To Log The Balloons In My Taskbar!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Housemaster

Housemaster

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:08 PM

Yeah. He keeps unplugging it... I need both proof and I need to know when he does it so I can unplug HIM. So.. yeah. can anyone help me find a program that would either log the balloons in the taskbar, of just the internet bubble things, showing when it's been unplugged and such? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Hellish

Hellish

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:52 AM

I'm no genius, but if the computer is on I believe there is a way to check duration of which the machine has been on. Also, for connection to the internet, You can check duration of that as well... I dunno, maybe install surveillance camera's?

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:37 AM

Is he doing this just because or do you only have one connection for the internet? Maybe look into getting a router
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:50 AM

To access the Event Viewer, follow the appropriate steps below:

* In Windows 2000 or XP, from the Start menu, select Settings, then Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then select Event Viewer.

Your firewall logs should also record when internet access is lost or activated.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users