Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have 104 errors in my Event Viewer.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Robkit

Robkit

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:02 AM

Hi my name is robert I'm new to this site, forgive me if i have done this wrong. I came across this site and reading your reply to this person above you. intereated me. So I checked my site and low and behold, in my event viewer from 1,968 events I have 104 errors red background with white cross come up > I can hear you saying a few joice words. but can you tell me if there is a easy way to deal with this. Because I have had problem with installing IE7 must restart computer to remove changes to computer therefore unable to install on computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:33 AM

Hi Robkit and Welcome to BC!

I understand that you have a problem, but please create a new topic in http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/56/windows-xp-home-and-professional/

That way, other people will go to your thread and you will also get more response out of it.

Nikas

#3 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:34 PM

Hi,has anybody ever had an error message where internet explorer says it has to close every time you try to download something,well,it seems like i'm having the problem,i cant even update my software! :thumbsup: I'd do ANYTHING to fix the problem.If anybody has a solution,please respond.

hi RECTEC when you get needs to close on the bottom right corner in BIUE Click Here click on that and see what errors show up ...on the upper right look for possibly a .dll post that complete error and .dll back here where someone can look at it

Edited by mme, 04 June 2007 - 02:37 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:55 PM

Try uninstalling IE7 in the Add/Remove Programs applet in Control Panel. This will revert your IE version back to IE6. Then test to see if it works properly.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:56 PM

Hi my name is robert I'm new to this site, forgive me if i have done this wrong. I came across this site and reading your reply to this person above you. intereated me. So I checked my site and low and behold, in my event viewer from 1,968 events I have 104 errors red background with white cross come up > I can hear you saying a few joice words. but can you tell me if there is a easy way to deal with this. Because I have had problem with installing IE7 must restart computer to remove changes to computer therefore unable to install on computer.

Hi Robkit from start/control panel/folder options/view tab/click show hidden files/click ok

from start/run type in this %windir% click ok/open ie7/open spuninst folderyou should see spunist service pack uninstall click on that
choose uninstall or if its starts to uninstall then let it

update your antivirus and run it..and any other spyware programs you may have...then try to reinstall IE7

start/control panel/folder options/view tab/click do not show hidden files/click ok

Nikas is right you should start your own thread

Edited by mme, 04 June 2007 - 02:57 PM.

#6 Robkit

Robkit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:05 AM

Hi mme
Having a little bit of problem with this site at the moment. Getting back to what you said on the frist line "start/control" that's ok but the next line is where I'm not sure of how certain i am in the right place. when I click on ie7 it comes up with ie7 main doc then goes into ie7 main notepad with a lot of writing in it. and I can't find open spunist folder. that's where i'm lost am i in the right place. I'm finding this a little difficult to navigate round this site at the moment. as it's the frist time i've been on it .Robert.

#7 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:21 AM

during the installation attempt of ie7 im guessing it was short ....saying that because you only got as far as notepad ...spunist folder should be inside ie7 folder but it did not install.
last place to check for ie7 is in add/remove just to rule out that possibilty....so theres no ie7 in your computer other than document in notepad....

remove the ie7 folder just delete it
do a search for any ie7 and delete any of it you find....

from start/run type in this %windir% click ok/look for windows update its in notepad/open it/edit/select all/right click on any blue and delete
now download ccleaner

http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

if you got a spyware program like avg antispyware or
adaware up date them and run them
if you dont heres download for avg antispyware
its 30 day free trial updates after that can be retrieve manually
it becomes on demand program after 30 days

http://filehippo.com/download_ewido/

update it and run it...after its done be sure you quarrantine and delete anything it finds

now run ccleaner and defragment your computer then do a reboot

to do a defrag ...from start/all programs/accessories/system tools/disk defragmenter

now try to download ie7... http://www.google.com/toolbar/ie7/

good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users