Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Notebook Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jian

jian

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

My new toshiba notebook facing some serious problems. It will automatic restart my notebook and promp to safe mode whenever i do something. This problem occur oftenly when i was watching some video using Windows Media Player...I wonder this is the motherboard problem or the problem of my windows vista..or others?
The other problem is, sometimes when i'm moving some files or renaming, it is extreamly slow, got no choice but to cancel the action...

anybody know wat are the reason that causing these problems? I need help ASAP.

Toshiba A100
Intel Core Duo
2GB Ram
80GB Hard disk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

Well, both problems potentially could be caused by a dying/lagging/slow hard drive. I would reccommend just replacing it after running a hard drive diagnostic to find if that is the problem.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 jian

jian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:46 PM

Well, both problems potentially could be caused by a dying/lagging/slow hard drive. I would reccommend just replacing it after running a hard drive diagnostic to find if that is the problem.

That means i have to take out my hard drive and replace another 1 to do diagnost the problem? will it affect my warranty if i take out? i just bought this nootebook 5 days ago :thumbsup:

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:52 PM

No - diagnostic first. You don't have to remove anything. You just have to figure out the brand of hard drive and see if you can find a diagnostic utility for it, unless Toshiba actually has one built in - I don't know. I recently worked on a Compaq computer that has a hardware test built into the system that also includes a hard drive test.

#5 jian

jian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:58 PM

All i know is i'm using 80GB SATA Hard Disk...

can anyone guide me how to diagnose it?

yr help is much appreciated

#6 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

Get your QuickStats at Toshiba.com, should mention the exact hard drive. you may just be able to run a generic diagnostic, I don't have much experience with hard drives.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:32 AM

If you just bought it 5 days ago, I'd suggest returning it to the store (if purchased locally). They'll be able to tell you if it's a warranty issue or not.

If you bought it off the web, then you'll have to do the testing yourself (or pay someone to do it for you).

You can also locate a Toshiba service center from this link: http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...kceghdgngdgmm.0
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users