Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One Computer On My Network Is Really Slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 donuteh

donuteh

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:29 PM

I have nine computers on my network and most of them run great but one of them is running really slow.

When I ping another computer on the network from the slow one, the ping averages about 1000ms or it will just times out. When I ping it from another computer it's around 900ms

Pings generally come back at about 3ms on my network.

The computer is using a D-link wireless N card and according to the little icon in the lower right corner of the screen it's running at 300Mbps (where it should be) I have two other computers that are similar to this one and they don't have this problem.

the signal strength appears to be good, not great but good, this computer worked properly last week and I haven't changed anything.

Any ideas or should I fill it with ice and Red bull? (actually I like the ice and red bull idea.)
The speed of sound is defined by the distance from door to computer divided by the time interval needed to close the media player and pull up your pants when your mom shouts "OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:26 PM

DO THE ICE AND RED BULL!!! No....wait...DONT! lol

You might want to check if there are any updates for the drivers on that computer. Also, look in the event viewer (START>CONTROL PANEL>ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS>EVENT VIEWER) and check the SYSTEM LOG. Look for any errors from the following sources; TCPIP, DHCP.
Please list the following information:

Event ID
Source
Description

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users