Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver For Vista Won't Reconize Disk

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 graveflower85

graveflower85

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:18 PM

I bought an Everex pc 3 weeks ago and it's new. It's a Vista Home basic and seems to do okay except when I try to download something. I put the disk in, and the driver fails to reconize that there's actually a disk in there. Can't get anything downloaded from any disk I've tried. I've tried to fix the problem many ways, by restarting the computer, disabling and then enabling the driver, clicking on autorun in the start menu, nothing works. The settings say that the driver is installed and up to date, but then in another file, it says that it's incomplete or either corrupted. It says the type is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H40N ATA Device. Need some help in this area and please, I don't know too much about computers, so don't overload me with information that a computer wiz could understand. I also need to know if I could install another driver, if so, what type and where is the specific website I could download it from?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trio3b

Trio3b

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:56 AM

Not sure what you mean by downloading driver won't recognize disk. Please explain.

#3 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:09 AM

Try and obtain another driver for the DVD automatically. Open the Control panel, Click Hardware and Sound.
Scroll down to the Device Manager and click Update Device Driver. Click Disk drivers in the list. Right click you DVD and select Update device driver.
On the next screen try search automatically for updated driver software.

If there is anything out there, it will find it.
Second choice, as it is only three weeks old. Take it back to the seller, together with one of you discs, and make him get it to work!

#4 mortey

mortey

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:03 PM

I am having a simalar problem with vista. Niether my internal dvd drive or my external recognize any disk I try. The external runs on my other computer no problem (XP). Getting very upset!!!!

#5 lionkingoh

lionkingoh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 22 November 2007 - 07:49 PM

The problem is in the computer even recognizing that there is a CD/DVD player to begin with. If I do a search to do a manual start for a CD that I put in, a CD/DVD drive does NOT show on the list of options. Everything but that does and if I go do the device manager it will show a drive that has an issue. If you click on it to checkthe drive it will tell you that the computer has the most updated driver but cannot load because of a problem with it.
How do we fix the problem with the driver not loading? We cannont use a recovery CD or anything requiring that drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users