Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie Browser Hijacked And Tracking Cookies

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 malwarebegone

malwarebegone

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:08 PM

Hi, my roommate recently was experiencing browser hijacked and didn't know how to deal with it. The problem might be caused by his grandchildren who sometimes come over to use his computer to download some programs such as Buddy2Buddy and other games. I followed your preparation guide to clean up the computer and it seems to help alot. Among the critical objects identified by Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-Aware were data mining tracking cookies and some browser hijackers, etc. I didn't take down the names but I remember one was MtWebSearch or something like it. But the Ad-Aware continued to show critical objects when scanned.

Previously my roommate had a security suite from Cox but the firewall used was Windows'. When I followed your guide to download and install a better firewall, in this case ZoneAlarm, the Cox anti-virus program was disabled. There was no way to get the Cox anti-virus program re-started, so I had to download one from your guide, in this case AVG 7.5. Now, everything seens fine except that lucomserver_2_6.exe and others such as Server of Logitech and Webshot constantly asking from ZoneAlarm for permission to connect to the internet.

I'm attaching the hijackthis logs before and after following your guides, bitdefender report and Ad-Aware logs for your inspections and await for your advice. Thanks!

Attached Files

Edited by malwarebegone, 04 June 2007 - 12:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:27 PM

Hello malwarebegone and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Let's see a current HijackThis log. Instead of attaching the log to the post copy/paste the entire log into the reply (we don't open attachments in posts).

I will review the information when it comes in.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#3 malwarebegone

malwarebegone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:58 PM

Hi OldTimer,
Thanks for your reply. But, I have been receiving help from another forum for this problem. Could you please close this thread now? Thnaks.

#4 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

Topic closed per user request.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users