Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pink - Desktop All Applications Etc Gone Pink

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nat

nat

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:00 AM

Well, I think the image speaks for itself ??

Any ideas, anyone???

Posted Image

Thanks
Nat

XP Professional FIrefox 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:13 AM

I looked at the image and it all seems fine to me (no pink). Have you tried updating your video card drivers? If so, can you roll them back to see if that is what caused the problem? If not, try updating the drivers from the manufacturer's web site.
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

#3 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:14 PM

I'm pretty sure that if you see pink but the screenshot does not show it then you either have a bad video cable/cable connection, a bad monitor or a bad video adapter. The screen shot is OK because the system's graphics memory has all the correct colors but they are not getting to the monitor.

These checks can only be made on desktop systems:

1) Make sure that both ends of the video cable are securely plugged into the monitor and computer jacks. Try unplugging them then reinstalling.

2) As test to help narrow down the faulty component try using a different video cable and/or a different monitor to see if either has gone bad. Alternatively, try your video cable and/or monitor on another "known working" system, *one at a time*.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:47 PM

We've got a similar monitor at work - it's a bad connection that causes it there.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

Thanks everyone.

Have got it sorted now. It turns out that one of the cables that has an extension was loose !!

:flowers:

:thumbsup:

XP Professional FIrefox 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users