Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Plz...kaspersky Install Msg "incompatible Software Found"...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Southern Belle

Southern Belle

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:40 PM

heyal,

i've uninstalled the AVG and have been trying to install kaspersky but everytime i click "complete" button it comes back saying it detects incompatible software = mcafee virus scan professional bonus pack and must be removed before install, then highlight hit remove and it opens up add/remove programs but its not there.

i've used every mcafee removal tool they have searched for anything named mcafee and deleted it from hd's and registry but still getting the same detected.

can someone please tell me if they have had this problem? and what or how to get rid of it please?

i wrote kaspersky they say contact mcafee i contact mcafee and they say to do this with this and should all be removed....NOT :thumbsup:

any help is greatly appreciated.

thank you,
southern belle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:19 PM

I can only suggest to reinstall McCaffee and uninstall from Control Panel Add/remove. Some file may have become corrupt and the uninstall fails. Also try removing in Safe mode.
How to start Windows in Safe Mode
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Teriann

Teriann

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:58 PM

Southern Belle-Did you ever find an answer to this problem? I'm having the same problem now and can't find an answer anywhere. My Kaspersky Suite is about to expire. I didn't have any problems installing version 6 but am getting the same message as you on Version 7 installation and having the same problem. I'd sure like to know how to cure this situation.

McAfee will never be on my computer or anyone's computer that I help with again!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,562 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:00 AM

Try using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool which removes all 2005, 2006, 2007 versions of McAfee consumer products.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Teriann

Teriann

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:46 PM

Try using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool which removes all 2005, 2006, 2007 versions of McAfee consumer products.

I did run that, and that was what was apparently causing my problem. I looked in the Registry and the only things pointing to anything Mcafee were related to Mcafee 'quickclean'. I made a backup just in case and then removed everything in the registry that said McAFee on it. (which was all only related to quickclean). Then I did a restart and still had the same problem. So, I did a cold boot, and Voilą! KIS Version 7 installed beautifully and is now up and running as it should!

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,562 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

That's good news. Thanks for posting back and letting us know. :thumbsup:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif