Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Install Xp Twice ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 TKF

TKF

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:36 PM

Is it possible to install same copy of XP pro twice on 2 partitions on the same hard drive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:50 PM

It is possible, but it would be against the End User License Agreement for XP

1. GRANT OF LICENSE.
Microsoft grants you the following rights provided that
you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:

1.1 Installation and use. You may install, use, access,
display and run one copy of the Software on a single
computer
, such as a workstation, terminal or other
device ("Workstation Computer").

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 03 June 2007 - 05:51 PM.

#3 TKF

TKF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:23 PM

Thanks A Andrew
I guess this is one of M$ gray areas seeing how it would only be "one copy of the Software on a single computer"
and you could only access one copy at a time. :thumbsup: You have probably guessed from a earlier post what I'm trying to do.

Thanks

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:52 PM

Thanks A Andrew
I guess this is one of M$ gray areas seeing how it would only be "one copy of the Software on a single computer"
and you could only access one copy at a time. :thumbsup: You have probably guessed from a earlier post what I'm trying to do.

Thanks

If Amazing Andrew has not figured it out? I have, and this will not be a negotiable item.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

This thread is closed. This sort of topic will not be permitted to be discussed at Bleeping Computer.

Regards,
Animal, Forum Moderator.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users