Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Social Norm Of Leaving The Toliet Seat Down:

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

I have seen evidence of Japanese involvement incorporating state-of-the-art technology by which means may put an end to this ongoing conflict between the male and female of the species by using voice commands and sensors.

http://www.scq.ubc.ca/the-social-norm-of-l...retic-analysis/

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:27 PM

:thumbsup: Well done! In all seriousness, that pesky 'up or down' with the toilet seat must surely cause at least minor woes in most households. Personally, I think 'down' is the perfect solution and a simple arm movement must be darn near as efficient as a voice command. Unless of course one has kitties that will only drink from the toilet bowl (ugh!!), rather than from a bowl of fresh water - in which case, one adapts to having the lid up.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

I feel that down, with the cover down also, is the "normal" position of the toilet seat/cover.

One would then raise either the cover only, or both, according to what one plans to do next regarding the usage of the toilet and return it or them to the original position upon completion of said usage.

Regarding Mara's point -

when I drink out of the toilet, I usually raise both.

Usually.

Mostly.

:thumbsup:

Edited by JohnWho, 03 June 2007 - 03:31 PM.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:50 PM

We have to keep ours down or our cats will try and actually drink out of it! Even though we provide the freshest water in a perfect little bowl for them...

EDIT: I can't believe that actually have equations about toilet use... :thumbsup:

Edited by yano, 03 June 2007 - 05:51 PM.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

My 2 cats would drink out of the toilet if they could, but the dog usually drinks it dry :thumbsup:
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

I have two bathrooms. Problem solved. lol
Posted Image

#7 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:26 AM

I had no idea this was an issue. I would just kill for the toilet to stay clean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users