Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan writer used webcams to spy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:10 AM

Hacked webcams the latest target of the Trojan writers.By Scarlet Pruitt, IDG News Service 19 January 2005 Spanish police have arrested a man suspected of creating a Trojan capable of making secret recordings of Internet users through their webcams and stealing confidential information. Spanish Civil Guard units caught the computer programmer, identified only by the initials J.A.S, spying on various Net users through their webcams when they surprised him in his home on Monday.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 touse

touse

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:34 AM

I'll bet that guy's web site is called Peepingtomputer.com. :thumbsup:

touse

0 user(s) are reading this topic