Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saved Emails

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NANAH

NANAH

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:52 PM

I have MULTIPLE emails saved during the past year. They are important and may or may not need to be accessed. One of my parents passed away and there are important communications pertaining to her illness and the subsequent family dynamics.
It would require reams of paper to print them all and save them in a file cabinet. They do take up a considerable amount of space in the "stored on my computer" designation.
I have several folders with different designations and now would now like to know if there is a means of compressing them within the folders.
In time, i imagine they will be able to be deleted but, for now, it is important to retain them.

Thank you so much to anyone with some assistance.
GOD BLESS YOU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Clark76

Clark76

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

Highlight all the folders you would like to compress. Then right click one of the folders and chose Send to > Compressed (Zipped) Folder. This will give you one compressed folder. If you would like each folder to be individually compressed then instead of highlighting all of them just right click each one and perform the steps to compress them one by one.

Now you will still have the original folders on your computer taking up space. If you are sure that you have zipped all the folders you can now delete the originals to free up space. If you need to unzip the folders at a later date, right click the compressed (zipped) folder and select Extract All... then follow the prompts. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

edit - One other thing, if the emails are important, then by all means back them up to a cd or floppy also just to be on the safe side

Edited by Clark76, 02 June 2007 - 07:22 PM.

Proud Member of ASAP

Proud Member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users