Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank Windows Startup Entry ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_Freeware

Mr_Freeware

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:16 PM

Posted Image

the 3rd one from the bottom shows nothing. what does that mean ??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:11 PM

Expand the location of the startup in question. Drag the bar over - it should let you see the complete location. That will tell us where it lives :thumbsup: We can go from there.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:51 PM

The "blank" startup entry may not be anything to worry about. I have a similar entry in MSCONFIG and remember reading in a different forum that it may be nothing to worry about. The following, more detailed explanation (which I just found) may be helpful:

http://ask-leo.com/why_is_there_a_blank_en...up_entries.html

I followed Leo's instructions (at the above link) and found that my "blank" entry was associated with 'MISAggregator'. Further research showed that 'MISAggregator' is part of the McAfee security suite, which I did have installed on this computer in the past. I thought that I had previously removed "everything McAfee", but evidently not.

Just follow Leo's instructions at the above link to see what program/process your "blank" startup entry is associated with and go (Google-search) from there.

The "blank" startup entry on this computer has been there for some time now and has caused no problems.

#4 Mr_Freeware

Mr_Freeware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:52 PM

i stoped reading when it said that even though it is checked, it isnt running anything. so if it isnt anything bad or something thats hoging system resourses, ill just leave it alone instead of wasting my time trying to fix it. thank you for the link. now i can sleep at night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users