Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Messages

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jcanning

jcanning

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:05 PM

please help me, everytime i log into my account on windows xp 5 different error messages come up when ive logged in. they each say a different error and there are 5 all together :
installhelper.exe
oscheck.exe
reader_sl.exe
ccapp.exe
cameraAssistant.exe
if you could tell me how to fix this and why it occurs please say and if you dont understand the question then do ask

Edited by jcanning, 02 June 2007 - 01:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:18 PM

Two of those are related to Logitech.
One is related to Adobe reader.
The other two relate to Symantec/Norton

Are you having any problems with those programs? Have you recently uninstalled one or more?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 jcanning

jcanning
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:20 PM

Two of those are related to Logitech.
One is related to Adobe reader.
The other two relate to Symantec/Norton

Are you having any problems with those programs? Have you recently uninstalled one or more?

yes those programs dont work now and come up with error messages, and no i havent uninstalled any of them recently

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:25 PM

I would start with removing Norton. Completely exit the program and attempt to uninstall thru the Add/Remove program.
If it want uninstall completely, use the Norton uninstaller in the link below.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen...005033108162039

If you are presently running with Antivirus protection, there are several free ones listed in the link below that the members here have tried and recommend.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

Be sure to uninstall Norton before installing another antivirus. Never have two antiviruses running at the same time.

Edited by buddy215, 02 June 2007 - 02:29 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

It would be helpful to provide specific information as to what the error message says. That may provide some insight to pinpoint the problem and provide a solution. You may have to reinstall Adobe Reader and QuickCam.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 jcanning

jcanning
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:53 AM

It would be helpful to provide specific information as to what the error message says. That may provide some insight to pinpoint the problem and provide a solution. You may have to reinstall Adobe Reader and QuickCam.

reader_sl.exe error message
It says The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application

then oscheck.exe, installhelper.exe, ccapp.exe and cameraAssistant all say the same thing but give a different code

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:15 AM

"How To Fix Error "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000022)""

Edited by quietman7, 03 June 2007 - 07:21 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users